Location: Akron, Ohio
About Akron Children's Hospital
Akron Children's Hospital has been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report. With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than 50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than 1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us. Learn more at akronchildrens.org.
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reason
Prior to the start date, full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
8a-4:30p, some evenings- 12p-8:30p
The Lactation Consultant is responsible for assessment, planning, education, and discharge planning for lactation counseling.
1.Responsible for assessment, planning, education, and discharge planning for lactation counseling.
2.Acts as resource person for staff for specialty area.
3.Counsels lactating mothers on an inpatient basis and outpatient basis for Akron Children's Hospital Lactation Counseling Center.
4.Responsible for identifying pre-natal care, lactation counseling, and infant care education/support group needs in the community and for assisting with the Center's program development and program implementation in these areas.
5.Other duties as required.
- Experience in counseling lactating mothers is required.
- Experience in developing new programs is preferred.
- Experience in working with multi-disciplinary teams is preferred.
- Experience working with all levels within an organization is required.
- Experience in healthcare is preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required. EPIC software is preferred.
Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) is required or must be obtained within 5 years from date of hire.
- Registered Nurse licensure is required.
- Current Health Care Provider BLS training from the American Heart Association is required.
- International Board-Certified Lactation Consultant is required
- Years of relevant experience: 3 to 5 years is required.
- Years of experience supervising: None
Will consider candidates with the Certified Lactation Counselor (CLC) certification upon hire with successful completion of IBCLC (International Board-Certified Lactation Consultant) certification within
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: