Directs therapeutic patient care services in accordance with the policies of the hospital and direction of the medical staff. Responsible for the administration of oxygen, therapeutic gas, and mist inhalation to patients in accordance with physicians orders.
· Prepares and maintains the employee work schedule.
· Prepares and maintains necessary statistical data, reports, directories, memoranda, as required.
· Prepares and administers the annual departmental budget.
· Maintains and stores equipment and gases in accordance with state and hospital safety regulations.
· Evaluates new equipment and techniques.
· Directs the prevention maintenance and repair of equipment.
· Maintains appropriate inventory.
· Updates department plans, goals and objectives.
· Directs the audit and evaluation of respiratory care.
· Conducts job responsibilities in accordance with the standards set out in the Company's Code of Business Conduct, its policies and procedures, the Corporate Compliance Agreement, applicable federal and state laws, and applicable professional standards.
· Promotes adherence to the Company's Code of Business Conduct and the Corporate Compliance Agreement by monitoring employee performance and identifying and responding to compliance issues.
· Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
· Bachelor's degree in Respiratory Therapy or Administration preferred.
· Current state licensure.
· Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) by the National Board for Respiratory Care. BCLS and ACLS certifications. ACLS instructor preferred. Must maintain currency of NBRC and BCLS/ACLS Certifications and State license.
· Minimum three years of previous experience in all aspects of cardiopulmonary services.
· Experience managing a Point of Care ABG Lab preferred.
If you are a current Kindred/RehabCare employee Click Here .
Job : Respiratory Therapy Primary Location : CA-La Mirada-Kindred Hospital - La Mirada Organization : 4823 - Kindred Hospital - La Mirada Shift : Day