Providence is calling a Crisis Service Counselor to Providence St. Peter Hospital in Olympia, WA.
We are seeking a patient and caring individual to provide crisis management and intervention to patients and their families. This is an per diem position supporting our team. We have several shifts available supporting; weeknights, weekdays and weekends.
In this position you will:
- Carry out immediate crisis intervention and counseling for patients and families.
- Complete emergent clinical evaluations of patient to aide in successful outcomes.
- Provide information, follow-up referrals and discharge planning to patients and families.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Master's degree in Social Work, Human Services or Psycho-Social related field
- Licensed in Washington State as a Mental Health Counselor or eligible to obtain Agency Affiliated Counselor
- One year experience in the area of crisis evaluation and intervention in an acute psychiatric setting with an emphasis on quick assessment skills
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Professional license qualifying as a Mental Health Professional
- Experience working as a mental health counselor
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence St. Peter Hospital is a 390-bed, not-for-profit regional teaching hospital. Located in Olympia, WA, St. Peter offers comprehensive rehabilitation, medical, surgical and behavioral health services. We have been ranked as one of the top 100 hospitals and as one of 10 premier healthcare employers in the nation and have recently achieved the coveted Magnet®" recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center®. Our hospital rests on a 173-acre campus, much of which includes natural forest and preserved wetlands that maintain a healing environment for patients and staff.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Mental/Behavioral Health
Req ID: 150197