Providence is seeking a relief Mental Health Assessment Specialist to the Psychiatric Emergency Department at Providence Alaska Medical Center in Anchorage, AK.
The individual in this position will provide coverage for the other Assessment Specialists for planned absences. Schedule will be provided months in advance. Flexibility in scheduling required.
The Assessment Specialist will serve as a member of the clinical team to provide psychiatric assessment, diagnosis, treatment planning and implementation, and crisis intervention in both the Medical and Psychiatric Emergency Departments and in the Community.
In this position you will:
- Perform comprehensive assessments of patients and the relevant systems to formulate diagnoses and plan appropriate interventions.
- Serve as a conduit for accurate and timely information to key people on potential or current patients. Document information appropriately.
- Provide crisis intervention and appropriate referrals to inpatient and community services.
- Provide information and consultations to patients, potential patients, families, significant others, physicians, hospital staff, and to communities in general to assess mental health needs.
Qualifications for this position include:
- Master's Degree in Social Work or other related field.
- Current licensure in the State of Alaska as a Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), Licensed Marital and Family Therapist (LMFT) or eligibility for licensure within six (6) months of employment.
- Four (4) years clinical experience in the mental health field.
About Providence Alaska Medical Center
Providence Health & Services Alaska is among nation's best employers for healthy lifestyles! The National Business Group on Health, a non-profit association of large U.S. employers, has honored Providence Alaska for its commitment and dedication to promoting a healthy workplace and encouraging our caregivers (employees) and families to support and maintain healthy lifestyles. Mountain-Pacific Quality Health has awarded Providence Alaska Medical Center with its Quality Achievement Award for high-quality care in the areas of heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical infection prevention. This is the highest honor awarded by Mountain-Pacific.
As the state's largest hospital, Providence Alaska Medical Center provides full-service, comprehensive care to all Alaskans, a role unmatched by any other in the state. Within our community, you will find top notch ski resorts, kayaking, and wildlife. Enjoying the outdoors is just one of many reasons to live in and explore Alaska!
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Mental/Behavioral Health
Req ID: 144564