Providence is calling a Polysomnographic Technologist Lead (0.9 FTE, Nights) to Providence Portland Medical Center in Portland, OR.
In this position you will:
- Be responsible for polysomnographic technologist duties and supervision of the shift staff members and activities.
- Be responsible for effective and efficient implementation of policies and procedures in the department.
- Assist in the performance evaluation of Polysomnography (PSG) technicians/technologists, and Electroencephalography (EEG) Technicians/Technologists if applicable.
- Act as the senior resource to other Sleep and EEG techs in the department.
- Be responsible for assisting in the training and orientation of new staff.
- Perform Polysomnograms, (Multiple Sleep Latency Test (MSLT) and/or Maintenance of Wakefulness Test (MWT) if on dayshift) and EEG's.
- Correlate and compile diagnostic data and applies therapeutic modalities as necessary to patient's condition.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Licensure with the Oregon Respiratory Therapist and Polysomnographic Technologist Licensing Board as a Polysomnographic Technologist or Respiratory Therapist
- Registered Polysomnographic Technologist (RPSGT) credential
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Documented training/proficiency in Polysomnography
- 2 years of experience in Polysomnography
- Strong analytical and detail-oriented skills, interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to shift readily from task to task while maintaining a quality work product and properly prioritizing tasks
- Ability to manage time effectively and work well under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to train/precept others and act as a resource to less experienced technicians.
- After hire in this role, must complete Leadership Classes through Providence Academy.
About Providence in Oregon
As the largest health care system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor, introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and updating frequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their health care needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
"Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time."
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Sleep Lab/EEG
Req ID: 151715