Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Respiratory Care Practitioner \(Per Diem, Variable Shift\) to work in Respiratory Therapy at Swedish Cherry Hill in Seattle, WA\.
We are seeking a licensed respiratory therapist who uses initiative and independent judgment to provide preventative and restorative care to patients with breathing problems or cardiopulmonary disorders\. May work with adult, pediatric, and neonatal patient populations\.
In this position you will:
- Set up and operate various types of respiratory care equipment to be used in the diagnosis and treatment of respiratory disease and/or illness
- Explain purpose and procedure of treatments, tests, and equipment to the patient
- Assess patients for appropriateness of therapy utilizing quality management guidelines and protocols
- Collaborate with medical and nursing staff for ongoing patient management
- Perform basic troubleshooting or malfunctioning equipment and notifies manager/coordinator/biomed of possible equipment repairs
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Registry eligible with the National Board for Respiratory Care \(NBRC\)
- Licensed Respiratory Care Practitioner in Washington State
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Graduate of an AMA \(American Medical Association\) approved respiratory care program
- Registered Respiratory Therapist \(RRT\) credentials
- Member of the American Association of Respiratory Care \(AARC\)
- Previous hospital based work experience in the field of Respiratory Care
About the Cherry Hill Campus
What is now known as the James Tower at Swedish/Cherry Hill Campus was home to the first hospital in Seattle, established in 1877 by the Sisters of Providence, a Catholic charity\. On July 1, 2000, the 385\-bed tertiary care center previously known as Providence Seattle Medical Center became part of the Swedish healthcare system\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Respiratory Therapy
Req ID: 149002