Providence is calling a an Outpatient Group Therapist to join the team at Providence St. Peter Hospital in Olympia, WA.
- This is an On-Call/Variable shift position with no guarantee of hours, however will consist of M-F, weekday scheduled shifts.
- This position is not benefits eligible
We are seeking a mental health counseling professional to provide inpatient group psychotherapy.
In this position you will:
- Carry out crisis intervention and counseling.
- Complete emergent clinical assessments of patients to aide in successful outcomes.
- Provide information, follow-up referrals and discharge planning to patients and families.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Master's degree
- Licensed in Washington State as a Mental Health Counselor or eligible to obtain Agency Affiliated Counselor
- Three years experience in acute care mental health
- One year experience conducting psycho-therapeutic and psycho-educational groups
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Professional license qualifying as a Mental Health Professional
- Current/Previous experience working with Chemical Dependency/Substance Abuse patient populations
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence St. Peter Hospital is a 390-bed, not-for-profit regional teaching hospital. Located in Olympia, WA, St. Peter offers comprehensive rehabilitation, medical, surgical and behavioral health services. We have been ranked as one of the top 100 hospitals and as one of 10 premier healthcare employers in the nation and have recently achieved the coveted Magnet®" recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center®. Our hospital rests on a 173-acre campus, much of which includes natural forest and preserved wetlands that maintain a healing environment for patients and staff.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Mental/Behavioral Health
Req ID: 139972